DTCCU offers several test opportunities — please see the calendar for exact dates.
For detailed information on test components, please visit the American Kennel Club CGC page and scroll until you reach “Test Items”.
- Registration: Doors open at 6:15 p.m. (Enter through the SOUTH door)
- Testing begins: 6:30 p.m. (Testing order will be in “sign-up” order)
- Re-test: Handlers may re-test their dog that night at the discretion of the evaluator.
Bring your dog’s AKC number if you want it on the form.
- There will be two evaluators.
- One ring will be available for practice. Treats are permitted in the practice ring.
- There may be a wait between the last exercise & the separation exercise. You will not be permitted to leave the building with your dog. Also no treats during this period.
- 1 test free for Home Companion students
- Re-test is $5.00 for Home Companion students
- Test is $10 if you were not enrolled in class this session
You can talk to and praise your dog throughout the test.
Remember this is just a test.
Pass or fail, you go home with the best prize of all…YOUR DOG!
Relax and have fun!
No treats allowed in the test area or during the test. This includes having them in your pockets or wearing a treat bag.
Must use a buckle or slip collar (fabric, chain, martingale) or a non-restrictive harness.
No pinch collars, no-pull/no-jump harnesses or gentle leaders/head halters allowed during the test.