Canine Good Citizen Testing
DTCCU offers several test opportunities — please see the calendar for exact dates.
For detailed information on test components, here is a practice sheet with all 10 exercises listed and explained.
Registration: Doors open at 6:15 p.m. (Enter through the SOUTH door)
Testing begins: 6:30 p.m. (Testing order will be in “sign-up” order)
Re-test: Handlers may re-test their dog that night at the discretion of the evaluator.
- 1 test free for Home Companion students
- Re-test is $5.00 for Home Companion students
- Test is $10 if you were not enrolled in class this session
What to Bring:
- Bring your dog’s AKC number if you want it on the form.
What to Remember:
- No treats allowed in the test area or during the test. This includes having them in your pockets or wearing a treat bag.
- Must use a buckle or slip collar (fabric, chain, martingale) or a non-restrictive harness.
- No pinch collars, no-pull/no-jump harnesses or gentle leaders/head halters allowed during the test.
You can talk to and praise your dog throughout the test.
Relax and have fun!
- There will be two evaluators.
- One ring will be available for practice. Treats are permitted in the practice ring.
- There may be a wait between the last exercise & the separation exercise. You will not be permitted to leave the building with your dog. Also no treats during this period.
Remember this is just a test. Pass or fail, you go home with the best prize of all…YOUR DOG!