Utility exercises are FUN for dog and handler – distance work, scent work, jumping, running! There is no reason to wait till after your dog finishes open to start teaching utility exercises.
This class will focus on the Fundamental Skills to Build Glove, Go-Out, and Scent Discrimination.
Whether you are just starting out or looking to sharpen your dog’s skills this is the class for you.
This class will focus on identifying all components of complete exercise:
- Core Progression for Gloves (for marked retrieve and directed signal retrieve)
- Core Progression for Go-Outs (for directed jumping and signal retrieve)
- Core Progression for Scent Discrimination (Connie Cleveland’s Cookie Tin method will be taught — No Retrieve required !)
This class will also be full of games to improve your dog’s focus, attention, and attitude. Examples include recall games, fronts, finishes, pivots, rev up games, retrieve (take/
hold/out/recall with retrieve object).
This class will:
- Use common household objects
- Use targets with treats
- Use platform/mat/go-out box